In this role as Software Developer you’ll be responsible for realising additions and changes to our digital platform. Regardless if it’s a business web application, a high performing data API or a mobile app – you’ll want to exceed expectations from start to finish and strive to get it first time right.
You’ll be working on fresh, new startup platform, building consumer and business facing web applications backed by a solid backend. Together with your direct, but also remote colleagues, your main focus is to deliver a solid product of which your team is actually proud. You will be part of a small team that will consist out of you, a second remote colleague, a technical lead that will help you get on the way, a project manager that makes sure the end-customer doesn’t bother you and optionally an on-demand ui/ux specialist for the pixel nifties and high-end finish. Next to your current objective and team, you might also incidentally assist other teams briefly if you can help out.
Because you should be self sufficient, it isn’t only about being able to develop. It is also about having the professional soft skills where you are able to structure, organise and communicate your work clearly to others involved.
This is partially a work from anywhere job, where you’ll get lots of responsibility and freedom. Where there are colleagues who are passionate about their work and tech in general. Where the company and team is small – and we want to keep it that way. Where technical debt is dreaded and legacy proactively avoided. An environment where your voice actually has weight in the decisions to be made. But most importantly, where you can focus on developing great stuff instead of being part of endless meetings, bothered by unsatisfied customers and pointless commuting to the office.
If you have a colleague you’ve worked happily with in the past, feel free to mention that and introduce him/her! Never change a winning team.
Tasks – What will you do in this role?
- Write clean, well structured and transferable code, up to par with what can be set as best practice
- Working with data, building API’s, but the main focus will be putting your love to work in the web frontend making things pixel perfect
- Be responsible for integrating DevOps methodologies into development, deployment, and operations lifecycle
- Professional self sufficiency in prioritising and coordinating your own work
- Support other developers by doing peer reviews
Attitude – What we expect of you as a person and as of work ethics?
- Self-sufficient in terms of being able to work organised and structured: you know how to set priority and to escalate progress and issues you encounter
- Critical thinking and “do the right thing” mentality
- Don’t mind picking up different stacks, frameworks and libraries
- Be social. Be communicative. Especially because you’re working partially remote we don’t want you to get lost.
- Honest and caring about your work
Skills – What you need to be able to be great at?
- Having some professional developer experience
- Knowledgeable with the Laravel Framework
- Experience with building and integrating APIs
- You know your way around modern CSS skills, like sass/scss, CSS grid and flexbox
- Familiar with concepts of design patterns and different coding standards, especially knowing when to apply certain patterns or not
- You love to develop the best user experiences and have a bit of a feel for aesthetics
- remote work
- flexible working hours
- amazing start-up project
- inclusive cultural environment
- technical mentorship
- non-intrusive work environment